Want to help and stay connected on the latest news around Bowie? It's easy!
1. Visit the Online Store and Join The PTA.
2. Update your email address and preferences for the "Mustang Link" weekly e-newsletter
3. Volunteer for PTA/RISD.
4. Join the Bowie PTA News Facebook Group and find your grade level Facebook group to get updates.
5. Follow the Bowie Elementary - RISD Facebook Page
6. Follow the Bowie PTA on Instagram
7. Follow the Bowie PTA on Twitter
Become a Corporate Sponsor!
Join the Bowie PTA and show your support for our students. We welcome and encourage parents, grandparents, neighbors, extended family, friends and members of the community to join the Bowie PTA. Support our school and your child by joining Bowie PTA.
Click here for more information on Membership Benefits locally and nationwide.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Involved -Volunteer
- Submit the Library Volunteer Form bit.ly/BowieLibraryVol
- watch this 3 1/2 minute video reviewing the Confidentiality form.
View all of Volunteer Opportunities in the Online Store and let us know what you are interested in by marking a check by your name in the form!
Note: Record your volunteer hours online in your account. Be sure to log in to access your account.
Mustang Link eNews
Once a week the PTA sends out a brief email regarding important information and upcoming events. When you register through our Bowie PTA website, regardless of membership status, you are automatically added to the eNews. You can be added to the Bowie newsletter by logging in to your account on the Bowie PTA website. Once logged in, you will have the opportunity to update your communication preferences located under “My Bowie Profile” in the left-hand menu screen. Be sure to click the tab at the top of the screen to see your subscription settings.
Every Tuesday a “Tuesday packet” or take-home folder is sent home with your child with important classroom and school-wide information. Parent volunteers stuff these folders each week and are coordinated by the Room Parents.
Have an item for the TUESDAY PACKETS?
Please follow these guidelines:
- Prior to sending out, please submit the flyer to Principal Chanda Ash for approval.
- To give 1 copy for each STUDENT, please provide 690 copies and sort 22 stacks with 23 flyers each stack (K-4th) and 6 stacks of 29 flyers (5th & 6th). Please include all extra flyers with sorted stacks.
- To give 1 copy to each FAMILY, please provide 500 copies and sort 6 stacks of 29 flyers (5th & 6th). We will sort each lower grade class (K-4th). Be sure to label as “MUSTANGS ONLY.” Please include all extra flyers with sorted stacks.
- Please label the stack to indicate who should get the flyers. For example, "ALL STUDENTS", or "MUSTANGS ONLY" (one per family). Please indicate which grades it should be given to. For example, " K-6, MUSTANGS ONLY", or "5th-6th ALL STUDENTS"
Please drop these off at the Bowie office NO LATER than 7:45 Tuesday morning.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.