James Bowie PTA
Bowie PTA is an association made up of K-6 parents, teachers, administrators and community members who work together to provide an exceptional educational experience and learning environment to help our children succeed in the 21st century.
Bowie's PTA motto: "YOU Make the Difference"
The Bowie PTA supports programs and events throughout the year as well as providing funding for programs and learning tools that enhance and enrich our children's experience in the classroom as well as supporting our school. The Bowie PTA has the following plans for the upcoming school year:
- BooHoo/Yahoo Parent Breakfast
- Manage Marquee, On-Line Store, Website and Mustang Link(E-Newsletter)
- Mustang Fundraising Drive and Annual Auction
- Multicultural Day
- Red Ribbon week with special student programming
- Back to School Teacher Luncheon, Souper Bowl Teacher Luncheon and monthly Teacher birthday Breakfasts
- Teacher Appreciation Week to honor our Teachers and Staff
- Providing Thanksgiving Baskets to cafeteria and custodial staff
- Annual Fall Festival Community Event
- Buddy Fun Day (Bowie's version of field day)
- Parent education programs
- Participation in RISD Council Shoe Shoe Train, Clothes Closet and Used Book Fair
- Participation in Reflections, National PTA's cornerstone art program and competition
- Production of Yearbook and Directory
- PR in local magazines, newspapers and RISD Council Link
- Repeat Platinum Level Volunteer Award, The Early Bird Achievement Award, the Membership Increase Award, 500 Club Achievement Award, Platinum Award & Texas Star Award
- Repeat “A Voice for Every Child Award” for having one PTA member for every child in our school.